Are you a passionate and successful nonprofit leader who is a builder style and likes to work collaboratively with partner agencies and the community? Do you thrive when you can partner with others to serve the common good? Are you focused and hardworking and like to work with like-minded peeps? We want to meet you! Competitive compensation. Questions? Send your questions and/or resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Executive Director as the subject line by November 15, 2021.
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Location: Office location, Neenah WI
Hours: Salaried Exempt – Full-Time
Who We Are: Jake’s Diapers is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of babies, children and adults by providing diapers, feminine hygiene, adult care, and basic hygiene essentials to restore human dignity and hope. Through our programs, we partner with nonprofit agencies to supply these basic needs goods and daily living essentials to individuals and families living in poverty.
Who We Need
Jake’s is looking for a creative, ambitious, collaborative, dedicated, and focused Executive Director. We are looking for someone who is compassionate and empathetic to the needs of the people who rely on us for the services we provide. The individual should be familiar with the nonprofit community, and have a demonstrated level of increased responsibility within their organization. While leading the daily operations through a high-growth market, the Executive Director will balance multiple projects; large and small in scope.
What We Need
The incumbent will be accountable for developing and maintaining the following items:
- Overall strategy & planning
- Donor and Funder Relationships
- Partner Agency Relationships
- Leadership & Direction – Staff and Community ● Volunteer Relationships
- Revenue Generating Activities – Sharing Fees & Fundraising
- Balanced Budget
Leadership and Management
- Board Member Relationships
- Community Leaders
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in cooperation with the Board and aligned with the by-laws of the organization
- Execute the organization’s strategic plan by working collaboratively with staff, board of directors, and partners ● Support staff through development and execution of results-driven metrics
- Monitors compliance and reporting with requirements and standards established by the industry, regulatory agencies, business partners, funders, state, and federal law relevant to programming and operations ● Decisive thinker with the ability to delegate when necessary allowing team members to grow through leading, coaching, and learning opportunities
- Actively identify, cultivate, recruit, engage, collaborate with, and energize Jake’s Network of Hope volunteers, staff, board members, partner organizations, and funders
- Through collaboration with the board; recruit, develop, maintain, and support committees and board of directors
- Manages human resources
- Evaluation of, and modification to programs to support our mission Oversight of warehousing practices, inventory, technology, volunteers, and systems
Fundraising & Communications
- Establish and successfully execute an annual fundraising strategy and plan
- Cultivate donor and partner relationships
- Represent Jake’s in the community through networking, social media engagement, and as the “face of Jakes” Effective communicator, with the ability to market Jake’s mission clearly and concisely through the web, social media, and internal / external communications at all levels
- Oversight of grants writing, tracking, and compliance – In partnership with grant writer
- Be an external presence, who promotes and communicates program needs and outcomes to the communities we serve
- Ability to represent and articulate the mission of Jake’s Network of Hope clearly and passionately
- Experience working with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Proficient in time management and organizational skills; manage and meet internal and external deadlines
- Empathetic and creative communication style
- Effective at building and maintaining professional relationships with team members, board members, donors, partners, community leaders, and beyond
- Motivated, self-starting task master who can work with a sense of urgency, patience, and personal accountability
- Exhibit humility and promote our culture and passion for serving others – Be coachable and self-aware
- High level of confidentiality required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and hold individuals accountable
- Maintain knowledge on current trends in the industry
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Jake’s Network of Hope’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, program, and relationship experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field
- Nonprofit leadership or related experience preferred
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Proficient with commonly used software
- Strong financial management skills; including, budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Demonstrated fundraising experience
Jake’s Network of Hope offers the following benefits to our employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work environment
Jake’s Network of Hope believes in offering a competitive compensation package. Salaried role, based on experience. If this seems like the right role for you, apply today!
We are committed to improving the lives of babies, children and adults by providing diapers, period products, adult care essentials and basic hygiene needs to restore human dignity and hope.
Our success has translated into a rapidly growing organization, providing critical basis needs goods to individuals living in poverty through partner organizations. It’s an amazing mission. For more information about our innovation and ever-growing organization go to Jake’s Network of Hope.