WHAT IS THE HUMAN RACE?
This is a unique opportunity for individuals, families and businesses to work together to raise money for their favorite nonprofits, including Jake’s Diapers! Organizations register for the Human Race. Participants then select from one of the participating organizations and collect pledges. Over 50 different nonprofit organizations participate in the Human Race every year, and 2017 is Jake’s Diapers first year! Will you support Jake’s Diapers?
Then, on Saturday, May 6, all participants from the over 50 different nonprofit organizations, clubs and groups will get together for food, fun and a 5k/1-mile non-competitive run/walk at Thrivent Financial in Appleton. We’ll give away a team-spirit prize and jam out with members of the UW Marching Band! We’ll also be hanging out with Doug and Mary from 95.9, and Bill Jartz from WBAY-Channel 2.
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Our founding belief is no one, near or far, should ever have to choose between food and diapers. By joining in the Human Race, you are helping babies, children, and adults in extreme poverty and ending this choice.
Did you know that here in the U.S. one in three Moms struggle to provide diapers for their babies? For our friends overseas, the struggle is even worse. You and your team can change that. Adam is a baby here in Wisconsin. His family lives in poverty, struggling to make ends meet. He likes dry diapers, but sadly that is not always an option. That’s not all. Without an ample supply of diapers, he can’t go to daycare. When he can’t go to daycare, his Mom can’t work. Your support can help Adam and other babies we serve just like him here in the Fox Valley and beyond.
Your team can “Adopt A Diaper Drop” , and all funds you raise will go to that specific Diaper Drop. You can “Walk for Adam, Suzie, Charisimia, Caden, or Molly.” Each of these children is at a different Diaper Drop, and we will help you pick a Diaper Drop near and dear to your heart. You get the satisfaction of knowing you, your friends, family and/or business are making a difference.
BENEFITS FOR YOU
- Promotion: We’re getting the word out of who you are and how awesome you are
- It’s for a good cause. You’re helping babies stay clean, dry and healthy.
- There’s an amazing benefits package. E-mail Stephanie at [email protected]
- It’s fun. Did we mention food, the UW Marching Band, and more?
- It’s for a good cause. You are helping babies like Adam stay clean, dry, and healthy.
- Individuals can win amazing prizes donated by amazing businesses.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Click: https://www.crowdrise.com/jakes-diapers) Join the team!
- Contact Stephanie at [email protected] to help pick a Diaper Drop!
- Invite your friends and family to join your team! Anyone can join the Human Race, and our Human Race Facebook Event!
- Raise funds online (and also offline) for your chosen organization.
- Join us on Saturday, May 6 as we come together with over 50 nonprofits to celebrate our fundraising success!
Want to fundraise offline? Click here to view the pledge sheet. You can print one, or we can send you one (or more) hard copies. Call 920-832-9360 to request a hard copy.
A few reminders:
- All money brought to the event needs to be in check form. Checks should be made out to Volunteer Center Human Race.
- Dogs, kids, wheelchairs and strollers are all welcome on the Thrivent grounds. Bring your four-legged friends along!
Questions? Contact Stephanie at [email protected]